Researchers, corporations, and other entities are welcome to submit requests for digital images from the Weirton Area Museum and Cultural Center (WAMCC) using the form below. All digital images are provided at the discretion of WAMCC. Images may not be commercially reproduced, published, sold, or distributed, unless written permission is granted by WAMCC. If there is not already an existing digital file, scanning or new photography fees will be applied (please see fee schedule below). Upon return of signed agreement and payment of related fees (detailed below), deliverables will be sent via email or WeTransfer.
The Applicant Agrees:
1. To use the image(s) only for the purpose or project described. Later and different use constitutes reuse and is prohibited. Subsequent requests for permission must be made in writing. Additional fees may apply.
2. To give proper credit for the image(s). Unless otherwise stated on the photographic copy, the credit line should read: Courtesy Weirton Area Museum and Cultural Center. When the name of the specific WAMCC collection and/or photographer is supplied, this should also be included in the credit.
a. Printed material: The credit line should appear on the same page as the printed copy of the image and immediately adjacent to it. The credit may appear elsewhere in the publication if done in such a way that readers can quickly match individual images with their respective credit.
b. Films, video, or electronic media: The credit line should appear on the film, video, or electronic media where other sources are listed. If manuals accompany films or videos, the credit should appear where the subject of the illustration is discussed in the text.
c. Public exhibitions: The credit should appear within the exhibit area.
3. To defend and indemnify as well as save and hold harmless Weirton Area Museum and Cultural Center, its digital archives, its officers, employees, volunteers, and agents from and against all suits, claims, actions, and expenses arising out of the release of images to the undersigned applicant and their use in any manner, including inspection, publication, reproduction, duplication, or printing by anyone for any purpose whatsoever.
4. To supply Weirton Area Museum & Cultural Center with one complimentary copy of any published work in which one or more images appear.
5. Not to permit other parties to reproduce the image(s).
6. To destroy any digitized copies of images following their use.
7. Not to place images anywhere on the Internet without the “Weirton Area Museum and Cultural Center” watermark and credit clearly visible.
8. To return to Weirton Area Museum and Cultural Center any and all supplied physical copies of images on loan.
9. That Weirton Area Museum and Cultural Center in no way surrenders its own right to publish or otherwise use the image, or to grant permission for others to do so. That the Weirton Area Museum and Cultural Center reserves the right to make exceptions or additions to the conditions stated herein.
10. To reimburse WAMCC for its legal fees and disbursements if WAMCC is obligated to go to court to enforce the details of this agreement. (Please also see "Unauthorized Use" and "No Waiver, Complete Agreement" below).
WAMCC will only provide copies and/or grant reproduction permission for materials of which WAMCC is the copyright holder or for which there are no intellectual property rights restrictions. The copyright law of the United States (United States Code, Title 17) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries, and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be used “for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use” that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Use of WAMCC-copyrighted images without a License Agreement, or in a manner not specified in the License Agreement (including but not limited to: term of use, number of uses, publications/platforms/media utilized, reproduction size) will result in the charge of a damages fee in the amount of three (3) times the normal licensing fee for authorized use. This charge in no way limits WAMCC’s rights hereunder or at law.
No Waiver, Complete Agreement No terms or conditions may be added, removed or modified unless made in writing and signed by both parties. Only an express written waiver from WAMCC may be regarded as a valid waiver of this agreement, and no employee, board member, volunteer, or other representative of WAMCC is authorized to waive it orally. If any specific part of this agreement is waived by WAMCC, that does not imply the waiver of any other part.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This license is deemed to have been entered into in the City of Weirton and State of West Virginia, United States of America and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of West Virginia.
Images in any format will not be released until full payment of WAMCC's production and licensing fees are received. WAMCC does not refund reproduction or licensing fees. Upon review of your image use request, we will provide you with payment details.
Digital Images - Price per Image
Research or Study: $25
Commercial advertising: $175
Exhibition/display/office decor: $90
Products & other uses: $90
$150.00 per object